Patrice Salomé, an assistant researcher in Sabeeha Merchant’s group, was recently selected as one of 16 Assistant Features Editors for The Plant Cell, owing to his breadth of knowledge in plant biology. He will contribute summaries of research articles published in The Plant Cell. He has already published 11 “in Brief” articles for the journal, covering a range of topics, including micronutrient uptake in plants, chromosome segregation and light- and hormone-regulated seedling development.
Patrice is also a writer for “Plant Cell Extracts”, on the blog site Medium.com. He coined the name of the blog, which is sponsored by the American Society of Plant Biology (ASPB), and contributes to ASPB’s science communication efforts by making cutting-edge research in the plant sciences accessible to the larger community.
In Brief articles:
- Some Like it HOT: Protein Translation and Heat Stress in Plants. in Brief, The Plant Cell, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1105/tpc.17.00699
- Know Your Histone (Zip)Code: Flowering Time and Phosphorylation of Histone H2A on Serine 95. In Brief, The Plant Cell 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1105/tpc.17.00752
- Proliferate at Your Own Risk: Ribosomal Stress and Regeneration. in Brief, The Plant Cell, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1105/tpc.17.00782
- In the Heat of the Moment: ZTL-Mediated Protein Quality Control at High Temperatures. in Brief, The Plant Cell, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1105/tpc.17.00871
- This ICE/SCRM Melts in the Dark: Light-Dependent COP1-Mediated Protein Degradation in Stomatal Formation. in Brief, The Plant Cell 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1105/tpc.17.00870
- Life’s a Gas Under Pressure: Ethylene and Etioplast Maintenance in Germinating Seedlings. In Brief, The Plant Cell 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1105/tpc.17.00939
- Manganese is a Plant’s Best Friend: Intracellular Mn Transport by the Transporter NRAMP2. In Brief, The Plant Cell 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1105/tpc.17.00965
- Hold Me Closer: Meiotic Crossover Formation and FANCD2. In Brief, The Plant Cell 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1105/tpc.18.00134
- Developmental Timing Is Everything: TZP and Phytochrome Signaling. In Brief, The Plant Cell 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1105/tpc.18.00302
- Divide and Conquer: High-Throughput Screening of Chlamydomonas Cell Cycle Mutants. In Brief, The Plant Cell 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1105/tpc.18.00391
- Don’t Go Grocery Shopping When Hungry! Systemic Signaling in Zinc Homeostasis. In Brief, The Plant Cell 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1105/tpc.18.00700
Medium articles: https://medium.com/plant-cell-extracts
- Some Like it HOT: Protecting Plants from Heat Stress.
- Plants Get Jetlag Too: A Play On Flowering Time.
- Plants: the Green Starfish of the World.